USASBE Launch! (http://www.usasbelaunch.com/) is an innovative student startup competition designed to provoke and reward undergraduate students from all disciplines who can:
- deliberately design an impactful idea,
- identify, test, validate business model hypotheses with customer development tools, and
- show traction (how well a startup is delivering its business model and how well the target demographic is accepting that business model).
Outcomes of this competition are:
- students actively engage in entrepreneurship, and improve their chances of success,
- create a global mentor network to assist student entrepreneur and innovator teams,
- be a catalyst for economic growth; students create well-vetted innovations and companies for the establishment of going concerns that hire and contribute to society through their innovative product and service commercialization.
There is no required application process, there are no required fees or purchases, there is no required format or procedures. We will recommend and train students to use specific processes and tools, such as Alex Bruton’s deliberate ideation process, Steve Blank’s customer development process, Alexander Osterwalder’s business model canvas, and Eric Ries’ lean startup methodology. Students can engage as much or as little as they desire.
This competition brings together the following organizations to create the most cross-disciplinary and far-reaching student startup competitions:
- 1,000+ United States Association for Small Business & Entrepreneurship (USASBE) members,
- Thousands of National Collegiate Inventors & Innovators Alliance (NCIIA) stakeholders,
- Student membership of 750 Collegiate Entrepreneurship Organization (CEO) chapters,
- 1,200 National Association for Community College Entrepreneurship (NACCE) members,
- Thousands of International Council for Small Business (ICSB) member institutions,
- Hundreds of arts educators from Self-Employment in the Arts (SEA)