- Co-Program Chair
- Student Chapter Chair
- Information Chair
- Membership Chair
Applications are now being accepted for the Making Academic Change Happen Workshop 2016, on the campus of Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology, Terre Haute, IN. MACH is a great opportunity to develop the skills needed to design and deploy academic change on your campus. We anticipate being able to support 12 Emerging Engineering Educators for MACH this year (registration, travel, accommodation). For more information, go to www.rose-hulman.edu/mach
The ASEE Student Division is open to suggestions for sessions that you would like to see happen at the June 2016 conference in New Orleans. Consider submitting any ideas for workshops, panel sessions, guest speakers of interest, networking opportunities (within Student Division or with members of other ASEE divisions), information about career opportunities, etc. This is a great way to get more involved with Student Division and to help tailor the conference to meet your needs as a student and developing professional.
To submit idea suggestions, email the 2016 Program Chair, Stephen Secules, at email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
Who I am…
My name is Jonas Wullbrandt, and I am an EMGT graduate student at Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology. Actually, I am working on my master’s thesis, which will be submitted to the Faculty of RHIT in partial fulfillment of the requirements for the degree of Master of Science in Engineering Management.
What I need…
Part of this Capstone Project is a survey in which future engineers and managers like you, will be requested to complete a short survey that asks what you learned about Lean Production and Its Methods. The answers will be aggregately analyzed and used in my thesis to give recommendations of how to further increase success in Lean organizations.
This survey is IRB approved, and its completion will only take approximately 3-5 minutes!
What you get…
If you are interested in the results of the survey or the content of my master’s thesis, feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. In exchange for taking part in the survey, one participant will earn a $20 Amazon gift card!
Take this quick electronic survey before March 31st by clicking HERE.
Thank you very much for your time and support!
Distinguished lecture: Videos and Slides from ASEE 2014
Part 1 of 3: Introductions
Part 2 of 3: Dean Bertoline
Part 3 of 3: Dr. Atman
- Dean Bertoline’s slides, “An emergent engineering curriculum”
- Dr. Atman’s slides, “Challenges and strategies of engineering education pioneers”
- photographs from the lecture
The jobs page has been updated. Information has been posted for the following positions that may be of interest to our members.
- UTennessee, Knoxville Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor faculty position in Health Information Technology & Simulation
- San Jose State University Healthcare Data Analytics, Assistant Professor (Tenure-track Faculty)
- San Jose State University Human Factors and Ergonomics, Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor
- Georgetown University, Post-Doc (Center for New Designs in Learning in Scholarship)
- Brown University, Post-Doc (Harriet W. Sheridan Center for Teaching and Learning [STEM-related])
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Post-Doc (Freshman Engineering Dept.)
- University of Texas at El Paso, Tenure track Faculty, College of Engineering
- Cyber Innovation Center, Bossier City, LA – Seeking Curriculum Development Specialists
- University of Michigan, Post-Doc (Alliance for Graduate Education and the Professoriate Program).
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, Post-doc (Epistemic Games in the Games and Professional Simulations research consortium)
Congratulations to the officers who were elected during our last ASEE student division business meeting. The student division officers for the 2013-2014 term are:
Division Chair – Katie Nelson
Program Chair – Gurlovleen Rathore
Secretary/Treasurer – Peter Weley Odom
Co-Program Chair – Cassandra Groen
Information Chair – Jacob Bishop
Membership Chair – Eric Kjolsing
Student Chapter Chair – Scottie-Beth Fleming
Award Committee Chair – Ruth Wertz
Check out the officers page for other information, including pictures and research interests!
The kind folks with the Georgia Tech student chapter have put together a comprehensive guide for the 2013 ASEE Annual Conference!
Please reference the document below for any of your travel and safety concerns, as well as for food and sightseeing! Additionally, here are two maps of Atlanta that may be useful (Downtown and Midtown and near the Georgia World Congress Center)!